Thursday, June 15, 2006

At work..

Wow, is it Thursday already? I've been meaning to write here for a while but it's hard to get access to the internet. Sure, I have internet here at work, but its pretty obvious if I'm sitting online instead of working since everyone's computers are next to eachother.

I moved into an apartment yesterday, its only 5 minutes away from the studio. This area, MalasaƱa, is really cool. It's like kind of young and funky and bohemian but also filled with old ladies walking their dogs around. It has more of a neighborhood feel and there are always kids and hip looking people and all sorts of other people outside. The work day here is VERY different. They come in here between 10-11 and then leave anywhere from 7 to 9 or later if they need to. I like that I can go across the street or around the corner to the bar for a really good cup of cafe con leche. The coffee is soo good here, and cheap too.

They constantly play music here over the speakers from Richars' computer, its like this ambient/electronic type radio station. The music is starting to drive me crazy, its very slow, soothing like Air but it puts me to sleep and all the songs sound the same. Sometimes we play something else, yesterday I played African World Music from my computer (HOLLA!), but usually it's this. I'm really tempted to change it now that Richars and Sergio went to the conference area (essentially the same room but separated by those clouded glass doors).

My apartment doesn't have internet so I can either use it here or right down the street from me i found a tiny place that only charges 1 euro per hour for the internet, and the have microphones and skype set up, etc...

SIGH i guess i'll get back to work...

Tonight is a party for a premiere of one of the movies they worked on...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hey Hey party girl! I'm glad to hear you found a new place to stay... is this permanent? Or are you still moving in with those other girls? I'm going to Chicago tomorrow, but we should talk on Skype soon.